Chatuchak Market Guide
Welcome to the Chatuchak Market Guide. This article will give you all the necessary details you need to know about the largest weekend market in the World.
Wednesday and Thursday (Flower Market) 7am-6pm
Friday (Wholesale) 6pm-12am
Saturday and Sunday (Full Market) 9am-6pm
Getting to Chatuchak Market
There are five different ways to get to Chatuchak from central Bangkok. These include:
- Sky Train
- Tuk Tuk
- MRT (Mass Rapid Transit Network)
All of these routes can be found here.
What to find
JJ Market has an almost endless selection of shopping for tourists and locals. With over 15,000 stalls, the possibilities are endless for finding the perfect item. The market also has a range of other food/drink stalls to choose from to replenish your hunger or thirst during your long day of shopping. Massage parlours and nail shops are also very popular in the market so you can relax away from the sun.
What should I expect
- 200,000 people visit the market each weekend so it can get very busy but don’t let this stop you going to the market. It spans over 35 acres so there is plenty of shopping for everyone.
- If you want to avoid the crowds, head down in the morning at around 9:30/10am to get a good head start on your journey while it is cooler.
- The Bangkok Market is very large so it is advisable to download on of our maps that can be found here to prevent getting lost!
- Thailand is generally very hot so factor this in when you go. Wear light clothes, bring an umbrella and sun lotion to keep you protected from the sun.
- Bring small denominations of notes (100 Baht notes instead of large bills) you will be bartering during your time here so to get the best deal opt for smaller notes so it’s easier for the vendor.For more information on the market visit our Blog or alternatively email us firstname.lastname@example.org.